Pentre Mawr is a beautifully converted farmhouse with a hot tub, surrounded by a working farm, on the edge of the hamlet of Rhosgoch near to the village of Painscastle in the undulating Welsh border countryside.
The farmhouse is a perfect base for families and groups of friends to explore the surrounding countryside. Set over two floors, there are four large bedrooms, one with an en-suite, and a family bathroom. The ground floor offers a well-equipped kitchen and island unit with a small breakfast bar. Off the kitchen is a spacious dining room and comfortable sitting room where you can plan your day’s adventures over a morning cup of tea.
Outside a patio and lawned area offers a place to relax and chat with the option of a soak in the luxurious hot tub to reminisce about your day. The children meanwhile, can be entertained by simply exploring the adjoining acre of land or spending time in the converted stable/games room. An evening around the campfire, under the stars is also an experience not to be missed.
A short drive will take you to:
- Hay-on-Wye, home of the world renowned literary festival
- The Royal Welsh Showground near Builth Wells
- Stunning views and walks across the Radnorshire Hills
- Local golf course is less than a mile away in the small village of Rhosgoch
- Rhosgoch bog, which is popular with nature lovers as it supports rare flora and fauna.
- Welsh Marches
- Brecon Beacons National Park.
- Numerous outdoor activities such as pony trekking, canoeing on the Wye.
- Shopping in Hay-on-Wye which offers fabulous boutique style shopping, renowned book shops, and of course, the literary festival.
- A perfect retreat for families and friends to enjoy the myriad of walks, outdoor activities and stunning historical towns locally.